- Classic Movies »
- Orson Welles
- Herman J. Mankiewicz (original screen play)
- Orson Welles (original screen play)
- Full Credits »
- United States
Bernard Herrmann (June 29, 1911 – December 24, 1975) was an American composer known for his work in motion pictures.
An Academy Award-winner (for The Devil and Daniel Webster, 1941; later renamed All That Money Can Buy), Herrmann is particularly known for his collaborations with director Alfred Hitchcock, most famously Psycho, North by Northwest, The Man Who Knew Too Much, and Vertigo. He also composed scores for many other movies, including Citizen Kane, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Cape Fear, and Taxi Driver. He worked extensively in radio drama (composing for Orson Welles), composed the scores for several fantasy films by Ray Harryhausen, and many TV programs, including Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and Have Gun–Will Travel.
Track Listingprovided courtesy of iTunes
March 1, 2011
People who liked this also liked...
- Laura/Forever Amber/The Bad and the Beautiful: Classic Film Scores
- Casablanca: Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart
- Spellbound: The Classic Film Scores of Miklos Rozsa
- Gone With the Wind: Max Steiner's Classic Film Scores
- Now Voyager: The Classic Film Scores of Max Steiner
- Sunset Boulevard: The Classic Film Scores of Franz Waxman
- Captain Blood: Classic Film Scores for Errol Flynn
- Classic Film Scores: Bette Davis
- Elizabeth and Essex: The Classic Film Scores of Erich Wolfgang Korngold
- Captain From Castile: The Classic Film Scores of Alfred Newman